Monday, June 11, 2012

Napping and sleeping

With two kids now, sleep is very important!  We are still figuring out a routine and the best way for naps and bedtime.  I will say our little man is the best sleeper (at night)!  Lily has always been a good sleeper to.

I have figured out that Hudson takes the best naps on his tummy.  Sleeping babies are so precious.  I could stare at him sleeping all the time.
 
Hudson is sleepy in the mornings still and Lily absolutely loves to hold him when he is sleeping.  She doesn't want to let him go.  I will say she is an AWESOME help with Hudson.  She loves him to pieces and we can tell that he loves her too.  He calms down with her, it is amazing to watch.
 

This is how our little man sleeps at night.  Our little burrito!  Believe it or not, he sleeps through the night almost every night.  I put him down anywhere between 8:30-10:30 (depends on what we are doing) and then he will wake up anywhere from 4:00-5:30 or so.  The first couple times he did that I thought it was just a fluke, but now I know that we are into a routine.  I can definitely handle this!  :)

A trade off for awesome sleeping is fussy evenings.  From 6:00-8:30 or so, he is fussy and just wants to eat and snuggle.  This isn't much fun for Daddy since that is when he gets home.  I am sure this is just a stage.  We have been around many family members in the evening and they have even tried to calm him down and he just wants to eat with mommy.  

We have been going to a lot of places so far this summer and Lily just crashes on the couch sometimes.  She doesn't have a set nap time at home or Heather's anymore, so she puts herself to sleep when she needs it.  :)
 

Cat nap in his papasan.  So cute!
 

Hudson gets up again around 6:30 or 7:00 and him and I watch Good Morning America on the couch.  This is what I wait for every morning.  Lily comes in to join us and all 3 of us snuggle on the couch!  Mornings are the best! :)

 

1 comment:

  1. You are sooooo lucky to have such good sleepers. As I type this, my little stinker is up in her room crying because she doesn't want to go to sleep!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...