Monday, June 11, 2012

Garage Sale

A couple weekends ago, Doniphan had their city wide garage sales.  We had plenty of things sitting in our basement that we wanted to get rid of.  Early in the week, Matt found out he had to go to North Dakota for work and wouldn't be home to help set up or do the garage sale.  I still wanted to do it because more people would be out that weekend than having it a different time.  So, I asked Virgie to come Friday night and help also Saturday morning.  Thank goodness she said yes, because I don't think I could have done it alone.

As soon as she got here on Friday night, I handed her Hudson and continued marking and piling clothes on tables in the garage.  I tried to do it all day, but its hard when a crying baby is just wanting you to hold him.  :(

 Virgie says she didn't mind coming to hold a baby while I worked.  :)

On Saturday morning, I got up bright and early so I could get ready and open the doors by 7:00 am.  Hudson and Lily stayed asleep for a little while.  

Check out the merchandise!  We were selling Lily's clothes 0-4T.  I know, my family thinks that means we are done having kids.  I don't think that is what it means, we were just tired of 8 totes completely full of great girl clothes that we may never use.

 Oh, and a ton of cute shoes! 


More of Lily's clothes, our clothes, and...

 TV's!

Lily got up shortly after I opened the doors and was so ready to set up her Lemonad and pop stand.  She was quite the sales lady!
 

 Virgie helped Lily make the sign!  Doesn't it look great?!?

Although Hudson is sound asleep here, there were times he was very hungry.  So, again, thank goodness Aunt Gigi was here so I could go in and feed him and she worked the garage sale.
  


We were very busy until around 12:00pm and then the traffic stopped.  I was very happy with the turnout and sales.  My friends Megan and Danielle stopped in with their kids and bought a few things also.  I wish I could have gone house to house with them, but maybe next year. :)  We sold lots of clothes and shoes and now only 5 totes are filled. :)  We got rid of every TV, changing table, suitcases, most of Matt's clothes, and more.  I also sold Lily's baby bedding to a young pregnant lady.  She had the biggest smile on her face when she saw it and had a bounce to her step when they put it into their car.  I am so glad it went to someone that will love it.
 


Hudson was a good baby and even gave me a few sleepy smiles!

So, after the successful garage sale, we made almost $500 and Lily made almost $40 at her Lemonade and pop stand.  She just wanted to put it in her piggy bank and give some to Hudson.  I want a glass/screen storm door for the front and some new clothes!  :)  Matt said (before the garage sale) that I could have all the earnings.  I don't think he thought I would make that much, ha ha!

Matt flew into Kearney that day and picked up the boys at Gma and Gpa's on his way through.  They helped us pack up the garage.  I was TIRED so I am glad we had some help.  But, of course I had to organize all the clothes (my nice piles on the tables got trashed).  Men/boys would just throw them all in a tote and they wouldn't be organized by size.  ha ha!

 Hudson was fussy and Maverick was able to calm him down.  He was so proud of himself. 

Hudson was so out of it that I could hold him up like . . .

 This!  ha ha!

We all went out to eat that night and played Keno!  Mav and I each won close to $100!  Wow, what a day!  They all spent the night too!  It is so fun to be with family and for Lily to be close with her cousins. 

 Guire had the touch too!  (note the orange cast: he broke his arm doing the hurdles)

Thank you Virgie for all of your help!  

On Sunday, Matt's cousin, Chris and his wife Tara came to meet Hudson.



We are excited for them, their baby girl is due the middle of September.  Thank you for coming to visit Chris and Tara.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...