Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Our baby boy! Hudson James

Our baby boy is finally here!!!!  I would like to introduce, Hudson James.  
He was born on May 4th at 5:13 am, 8 lbs. 10 oz. and 21.5 inches.  

Well, as most of you know, we were to get induced on the morning of May 2nd.  The hospital was so full of babies, that they kept telling us to wait and they would let us know.  Well, a whole day went by and we still were not admitted.  So, they kindly told us to come at 6:30 the next morning (3rd).  I was getting very upset and frustrated at this point (some tears were flowin'), but we knew our baby would be here soon.  On Thursday morning we headed into the hospital, Grandma Jackie was here with Lily.  They called us when we were almost there and told us that they didn't have enough room for us and that they would let us know when we could come in.  Talk about frustrating.

So, when we got home, I couldn't help but lay down.  I had been so anxious, nervous, and excited, that I couldn't take it anymore.  I didn't have much of an appetite, and honestly, we didn't know when we were going to go in and you are not supposed to eat a big meal beforehand.

Around 11:00am my phone rang and Matt answered this time.  They finally told us we could come in!!!  So, Lily and Grandma wished us good luck for the 3rd time and we were finally admitted at 11:30 on May 3rd.

I will make a long day shorter for you!  We got induced and I was making some progress, but after midnight is when my true labor started.  When Matt finally convinced me to get the epideral, my contractions were a lot closer and stronger.  My water broke as we waited for the anethesiologist and this baby was ready to come out!  He was unable to give me the epideral, so yep, you are right, this momma gave birth au natural!  Phew!  

After a very quick 16 minutes after my water broke, Matt was the one to tell me we had a baby boy! 

May 4, 2012
@ 5:13 am



8 lbs. 10 oz
21.5 inches

14 inches around his head

First picture of Daddy and Hudson!


Our nurse Jackie and Dr. Steinke checking him over.

Dr. Steinke holding Hudson.

Hudson's body temperature was a little low, so they had him under the heat lamp.  He loved it!  He sprawled out and slept.


First bath.  Hudson really liked stretching out in the water.



Mommy putting on his first diaper.

We arranged for my parents to bring Lily so that she could see Hudson first.  I am so glad we did that.  She was very excited to see him and we got to be our family of 4 before all the visitors arrived.

The first time Lily has seen her baby brother, Hudson.


Our babies.  She is going to be such an awesome big sister!

She loved looking him over.  She counted all of his fingers and toes.  Her little voice was priceless as she talked about him.  She ooed and awwed.  This was such a special time.



We finally let Grandma  and Grandpa into the room.  I am sure they were super excited to see him too!



Our first family picture!
May 4, 2012


The loves of my life!!!
I am truly blessed!




Being a mommy is the best!  I am so glad to have finally met my son!

We are so excited to have you in our family, Hudson!

I love you so much already!



2 comments:

  1. I love that Lily got to meet him first. That is special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable pictures! Isn't it amazing how much you instantly love them?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...