Saturday, July 16, 2016

Shafer Family Reunion ~2016~

My Grandma Betty was one of 13 kids in the Shafer family belonging to Homer and Bertha Shafer.  So needless to say, my mom has many cousins.  My parents hosted the Reunion.  It started Friday, July 8th.  Me and the kids went out first and Matt came with the camper after work.  Dad had electrical hookups put by the out buildings for the many campers that were coming this weekend.


Lily, Sydney, and Hudson
My kids were so excited to see the Ferzely kids.  Finally!!!!

Weiner roast!

Uncle Jim and the girls.

Lily giving rides.



Grandma hauled in a big sand pile and had a bucket and shovel for each kid with their name on it.  :)  you can see our camper in the back.  :)

In the morning, everyone came back or came out of their campers for a pancake breakfast.  Many of us went to the barn to see the cows and then we went to the store to pick up the chicken for lunch.

My cousin Theresa, lives by Chicago.  Her and husband and her have triplets: Layla, Olivia, and Tyler.  They are about 4 months older than Hudson.  They enjoyed seeing the cows and being able to brush them.


Hudson is getting braver.

Lily got to get Bullet out too!


Uncle John and Maverick helping her.

The bouncy houses were there when we got back.  Fun times!



The Ferzely's brought Hudson's birthday gift.

Water Tether ball and...

an airplane!  Thank you!



One of the cousins had a drone.  He took a few pictures of the reunion that day.







Laurie asked Hudson to sit with her.  He didn't last too long.  :)


Hudson and Tyler got along great!

Rick is my mom's cousin and Theresa's Dad that came from Chicago.

The girls got a long great!  Everyone needs their own little twin, right?!
Syd has Olivia and Lily has Layla


I mostly got pictures of where my kids were and not all the family.  There were many people there and once again my mom was a great hostess.  It wasn't bad camping there.  Sydney, Delanie, and Maverick slept in there also.  I don't sleep well these days, so I got up early so I didn't wake anyone.  The reunion was coming to a close and people were pulling out their campers.

I'm sure there will be another one in 2 years!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...