Monday, July 11, 2016

Lily's first time with Bullet

We had talked about Lily showing a calf at the county fair last year and never got around to it.  This year she seemed more interested and the boys were willing to help her and they had a few good calves to choose from.  John and the boys have 5 calves that were born this spring that they are going to work with and possibly show at fair also.  Lily chose one of the charlais calves.  It took her there one day to start working with them.  

This mommy was so proud.  She has been timid with the calves and on this day she was in the pen with them, turning tails, picking up poop, and brushing them.


Little unsure, but she was great!


Stubborn calf.

This is Lily's calf.

Now they all need to be washed and brushed.

Gpa and Hud were watching too!



Mav is such a good teacher.  He talked her through each step.


Legs even.

Hud is getting braver.

She's taking care of both of them.

Mav sent me this pic of her later that day.  My little cowgirl is going to do Awesome!

This was the calf we got to see on the day it was born.  March 5th, 2016

She didn't know what to name him so I pulled up a few lists from Google.  I typed in "names for cows and steers."  We decided on
BULLET!

The only downer is the Buffalo County fair is the week of my due date.  So, I will either miss her show because I am in labor or if it goes well, a newborn and I will go watch her.  :)  I don't want to miss it.  As of now, she has been out with the boys a few times now to work with Bullet.  He still needs more work, but he is getting there.  She is becoming more confident with him too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...