Monday, July 15, 2013

4th of July 2013

4th of July morning we headed to Gibbon for the parade!  Of course our kids got nabbed the second we walked over to our family!  ha ha!









The parade was good....but there were a couple intermissions. ha ha  Actually some of the floats got a lot of space between them so it felt like the parade was over and then it started back up again! ha ha

Teaching Hudson how to put the candy in the bags.


Hudson's first sucker all by himself!


So much candy to grab.  I am bummed I didn't get a picture of Lily and Caroline (American Doll).  They had the same "July" dress.







My friend, Liz, was in the parade with her husband, Eric.



The parade was fun.  We got our ice cream cones and chatted a little at the church.  I got to see Beth and Hayley, it was nice to see them.  Then we went back to Mom and Dad's for the rest of the day.

My cousins and Dad had bought a lot of day and night fireworks.  Matt also brought one of the big ones from Tucker.

This was pretty loud!

Lily was kinda quiet and didn't have Sydney to play with.  Her and mom whispered a little and then came out with 10 water squirters.  ha ha.  We had a fun water fight.


We hid inside so we didn't get any more soaked.


Mav cheated and got the hose.  They were all trying to get it away from him.


They finally got him.

Lily is squirting the window. ha ha

The Widdowson girls have always enjoyed playing in the mud when they come back to my parents' house.  So, they changed into 'mud' clothes and went out to the field.  I am proud of Lily that she tried it this year!  If you remember in 2011 "2nd day of Celebrating the 4th" she wasn't too thrilled!  ha ha

Before the mud fight!


Not too sure, but she was willing to get her feet dirty.


So, Tess helped her out! ha ha

Hudson watching from the 'safe' pickup.



Well, he wasn't safe anymore.  He was not a fan!

My little man and I!

Nice Maguire!

The after picture!


Driving back to the house with all the mud covered kids in the back!


Eww!  ha ha.  This was the worst part.  They all rinsed off with the hose and the water was extremely cold!  She will say now that she DID NOT like getting rinsed off.

The rest of the evening was relaxing.  We played catch, lit fireworks, played basketball, and ate great steak!



I was taking a picture of her standing on the arms....then all of a sudden she jumps and I happened to get her in midair!  ha ha.


They both love having the freedom of playing outside!  

Leah had a great idea of spelling Widdowson with sparklers.  Honestly I didn't know what she was talking about. :)  We had 9 people spell it out backwards with the sparkler over and over.  Leah told me to slow my shutter speed (for future reference) and take the picture as they are spelling.

Cool, huh?  Can you tell which letter is Lily?!



Then with Elsbury.  Matt's E was hard to do. ha ah



Happy 4th of July!!!!!!!!!  I love this holiday and am always bummed when it is over.  :(  We had a great holiday again! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the name with the sparklers, I am so stealing that idea for next year! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...