Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Heaven

One of my goals this summer is to cook and bake more. I have never tried to make a pie, so that was first on my list. I used my Grandma Winnie's pie crust recipe. I was talking to Lily about my Grandma and she had lots of questions. I told her she was in Heaven.

"In Heaven? With Mully and your baby?"
"What does Heaven look like?"
"Can we go there?"
"I bet they have smores there, because I love marshmallows! Do they have smores, Mommy?"
"Do you think your Grandma likes me?"
"Was Mully nice? Did he love me?"

A 3 year old is so curious and honest. I think we could learn a lot from children. I did my best to answer them. We have read a book about Angels "Angels Watching Over Me" by Lynn Hodges and Sue Buchanan (almost every day this week), so I could use that to help explain some things. It breaks my heart that she doesn't know Mullen and our grandparents that are in Heaven. So, I welcome the questions and do my best to answer them.

As far as Grandma's pie recipe. . .


It isn't the best looking pie, but it tasted pretty good.

Matt and Lily thought it was good, but do you think they would have told me it wasn't ? ha ha! I think I will keep trying, but no one could beat my Grandma's cooking. :)


2 comments:

  1. Wow! Those are tough questions. Children are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were tough questions, but it was refreshing to talk about it and hard at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...