Monday, September 12, 2016

Surgery on my leg

Well, I finally got it taken care of!!!  That pesky spot on my left leg that has bothered me since I was pregnant with Lily is now gone!!!  I don't remember the very first time I noticed it, but I do know it was 8.5 years ago.  It woke me up when I was pregnant with Hudson and hurt like crazy!  I would pace the house or browse the internet in the middle of the night for about an hour.  Although it hurt more and frequently while I was pregnant, it did still hurt when I wasn't pregnant.  It would hurt before a race I ran in, when I would get goosebumps, and if I was nervous.  It hurt again when I was pregnant with Beckett.  In fact, that was a clue to my parents that we might be expecting again because my leg hurt over Thanksgiving.  I brought it up to my doctor every time I saw her (I'm sure she was tired of it), but she didn't know what it was.  We did an x-ray and it didn't show anything.  She didn't want to do anything to it while I was pregnant.

So, during my pregnancy with Beckett, I asked her if we could get it taken care of after the baby was born.  She was all for it!  Thank Goodness!

On August 15th, Matt and the kids all came to the surgery center with me.  The surgeon didn't want to do it in his office because the ultrasound showed that it was very close to the main artery that runs down my leg.  When they took me back, they informed me that I would be put under.  :(  I thought it was going to be a local, but they wanted to be on the safer side.  So, that means I would have to pump and dump for 24 hours.  

Being under anesthesia is so weird!  It took me awhile to feel back to normal.

The put stitches on the inside and then glued it shut.


Beckett's first bottle.  The kids were so excited to do this.  I was very bummed.


I was a bump on the log that day.  I was in a fog!


HE didn't mind the formula bottles at all.



In comparison to my finger.  Bigger cut than I thought.

Looks good and doesn't hurt anymore!!!  I have had some sensations like it was going to start hurting, but it doesn't.

After a week, I had my follow up appointment.  He said it was a Leiomyoma. 
That is a non-cancerous tumor.  So, nothing to be worried about.  Now I just wish I would have done it 8 years ago.  Geez!!! 

2 comments:

  1. What a relief! So, glad it is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got this taken care of and are feeling well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...