Saturday, August 17, 2013

LILY ~Open house and First Day of Kindergarten!!!


The time has come for our baby to go to Kindergarten! ~There are so many emotions at this time.  I am so proud of how she has matured, but yet it seems impossible for her to be old enough to spend 7 hours at school.  She is so excited!



Daddy with Lily and Hudson looking at her classmates' birthdays.

Lily sitting at her table.  She is even right by Rylen (next door neighbor).  

We look forward to a great Kindergarten year with Mrs. Shafer.

We looked around her classroom, went to the library, and then she REALLY wanted to play on the playground.  We told her she will get to do that everyday now, but she was insistent and it was a nice evening, so we did.


So, Thursday morning we started our new routine.  Lily will now eat breakfast at home and then go to Little Miracles.  They will take her to school and pick her up.  Matt and I were able to do the dropping off (Matt) and picking up (me) for her first day!

First day of Kindergarten!!!!

Wow!!!

She didn't seem nervous at all......just excited!  



Daddy took her to school and got this great picture by the D-T bell.

I thought about Lily ALL day!  I even talked to my new first graders about her and we discussed how she might be feeling.  :)  My Principal let me leave during our plan time to go pick her up on her first day.  I couldn't wait to hear all about it.


Lily and Rylen after their first day of school!  I am sure there will be many of these through out the years.

Lily was a chatter box!  I think she told me absolutely every detail of her day.  She really enjoyed it and couldn't wait until the next day.  She saw people she knew and I think that was comforting to her also.  It is going to be different being on the other end of things.  In actuality, I think it will make me a better teacher.  I imagine Lily going through what my kids are and it makes my decisions more based on how they will react to it.

KINDERGARTEN, HERE WE ARE!!!!!




4 comments:

  1. What an exciting time! So glad you were able to pick her up! Lily I love your earrings ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy!! I CAN NOT believe she is in Kindergarten already!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks so grown up!! I am glad she liked it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...