Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Vacation to Chicago

Yay!  Vacation time!

On Wednesday afternoon, Matt's parents came to Doniphan to pick up Lily.  Lily was so excited and loved packing her suitcase to go there.  We are so thankful that they were able to watch her the whole time.  Matt and I flew out of Omaha around 7:00.  

When we got into Chicago, we just walked to the train and Chantele was there to pick us up!  Great timing! :)  It was fun to see her in her element.  She is a small town girl that loves the city!

 
Chantele has a studio.  It is small, but just perfect for her.  This is her view, and just beyond the trees is Lake Michigan.
Chantele had class all day and work at night, so Matt and I had a great time together wandering around Chicago!
         


This view is from Navy Pier.  We ate at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville and had a few drinks.  I really enjoyed being with Matt.  We enjoyed our day with out any agendas and phone calls.  It was relaxing






 Willis Tower (AKA Sears Tower)



Some pictures of me and my wonderful husband!




Matt and I had so much fun together.  We hadn't been on a real vacation by ourselves since our honeymoon.  Its good we still really enjoy each other's company! :) 



Matt and I walked to Chantele's work.  She was working on the window displays at Coach.  We found a nice restaurant "Hugo's Frog Bar and Fish House."  After walking all day, we found the bus back to her apartment and crashed.   


On Friday, Matt had to work all day.  We did go to lunch at "Gerardo's Deep Dish Pizza" and it was so yummy.  They almost had to roll me out of there.  ha ha!!!  Then Matt had a few conference calls and Chantele and I wanted to enjoy the day.  So, we went to Michigan Avenue and shopped a little.  Going shopping with a 'fashion queen' is a little intimidating.  ha ha!  Chicago fashion is a lot different than little Doniphan.  :)  When I finally saw things to buy, we had to hurry and leave because we were going to a baseball game that night.
Matt was finally off the phone and we got ready and hopped on a bus.


We met Anthony in front of his apartment.  That was the first time Matt and I have met him.  He is such a great guy.  Chantele and him seem so happy together.



I don't have a baseball team I follow, so I just cheer for the home team.  There were a lot of Red Sox fans there though.  The White Sox won 3-0.


I love love love fireworks!  They put on a great show.  What a great way to end a White Sox win!  :)


Getting out of the stadium was a mess.  There were so many people trying to catch the same train.  We got a cab and headed to some bars.

The cute couple! :)

Chantele and I

All of us trying to do a self portrait.  This was the last bar we went to.  I can't believe we stayed out so late.  Good thing bars were only open until 1:00 when we were in college.  


Saturday morning
 On Saturday, Matt and I got on a bus heading for a coffee house.  Did we get there?  No, but we made it back to Michigan Avenue, again!  I am impressed that Chantele knows her way around this city so well.  We only attempted a bus once by ourselves and took the wrong one!  Anyway, Matt and I did some more walking, and walking, oh, and more walking.  ha ha!  Of course we did some shopping, surprisingly we didn't get much.  Then, we were going to meet Chantele and Anthony at Dick's Last Resort, but we went the wrong way.  It took us awhile to figure out we were going East instead of West.   ha ha, I am laughing now, but then........this girl was hot and tired of walking.

We finally got to Dick's!  We had fun.  Our waiter played his part perfectly.  The three of us got the hats as you can see, Anthony (Little Princess, our waiter called him!) didn't partake in that fun.  See if you can read what they say.  If you have questions, comment and I will answer. :)  Matt's first hat was different, he took this one from a young kid when they left.


Playing shuffle board.


We were going to try the Science museum, but it was going to close soon.  So, we headed to the Wrigleyville area!  Those bars are so cool down there.  We hit a few bars and had some fun!
  

I was so excited when we found this bar.  *Mullen*  I love it!  We spent a lot of time in this bar and I got a t-shirt with Mullens Bar & Grill on it.  

Fun!



 My attempt at Picnik again! :)

We played a heated game of Darts.  Anthony and I vs. Matt and Chantele.  One game turned into three because Matt really wanted to win one!!! :)  As I type this, my bicep is sore.  Talk about a wimp, I know!!!  This girl needs to do some curls. :)  

Our plan was to eat Sushi before we left, so Chantele led us to her favorite Sushi restaurant.  This place was BYOB.  Have you heard of that?  I think that is so weird, yet cool at the same time.  We went to a store and bought some wine to enjoy with our sushi.  Anthony and Chantele are quite the Sushi consumers.  We really enjoyed it!  

Matt and I flew out early Sunday morning.  Anthony was nice enough to drive us to the airport.  We didn't have to wait on a bus and train at all!  Lickety-split, we were there!  Thank you for a wonderful trip Chantele and Anthony!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...