Sunday, August 7, 2011

School projects

I got this idea from my friend and teaching partner, Megan.  It was so easy.  It is now sitting on my filing cabinet at school!  Such a good addition to my room.

I wanted to give my kids something the first week of school that included my Groovy theme.  So, I searched the internet and got an idea of magnets.  I could't find what I wanted, but I saw a site that explained a craft to do with kids.  I actually thought about them doing it themselves, but as I pictured doing this with 20 first graders the first week of school, I decided to do it myself.  :)

I found clay at Hobby Lobby.  It needs to be the clay that you bake in the oven.


I think I am going to write something on the front, but haven't decided yet.

I also want to attach a note (hopefully a cute poem like note) explaining that this 'star' magnet will be great to display their hard work on the refrigerator.  

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...