Thursday, August 11, 2011

Crayon Peace Sign

Well, due to my blog stalking, I wanted to see what Pinterest actually was.  Everyone was talking about it and posting things from it, so I had to see what all the buzz was!  Boy, I shouldn't have.  I am finding way too many things I want to do.  If you are curious, I will warn you that Pinterest is addicting.  

My classroom theme is Peace and Groovy!  After stalking blogs, I found someone else, Mrs. Dillard,  that is doing that same theme and she had  some great printables that I am going to use.  It got me really motivated to put more peace, groovy, tie-dye and fun stuff in my room.  So, I went searching and I really hope this stuff looks good.  The below idea was a combination of things I found on Pinterest.  I saw a wreath made out of crayons and I also saw a peace sign drawn with crayons (so colorful).  So, I decided to do a peace sign out of crayons!!!  I was so excited once I figured out how I was going to do it.
 

I searched and searched my classroom for what I could trace for circles.  Globe, bucket, jar, fan, clock!  So, the bottom of my fan was the big circle and the clock in the hallway was my inside circle!  I used a yard stick for the lines.



 I covered the peace sign with painting tape.  I didn't want the brown showing through and it also makes it more sturdy.




I put a ribbon at the top and glued it on.  Then I started the rainbow of crayons!  
Lily and I had to go get more crayons because I underestimated the amount of crayons it would take.  5 boxes later, here it is!!!


I want to put it somewhere in my class that it is noticeable.  I wish I could put a nail in the front door, hmmmmmm.  ha ha!  

I have already started a couple other things I found on Pinterest.  I wish I would have found this site earlier in the summer.  Tomorrow is officially my first day back to work.  We have the big shindig at the high school with all the staff.  Man, it seems like I was just saying goodbye to my kiddos.  Now, I get brand new ones!  Although I am sad that summer is over, I am excited to see their smiling (nervous) faces on Wednesday morning.  They will be my new Groovy First Graders!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...