Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Why were we out when it was 100 degrees?!?

Lily and I just wanted to get out of the house and have some fun. I heard it was hot out, but MAN, it was REALLY hot out. At one point my car said 104 degrees. The radio had said 101. Crazy!!!! Lily and I had a great afternoon. We went to a park and fed the geese and played on the playground. Then we cooled off in the city library!




She wanted the goose to come to her and get the bread instead of throwing it out in the water.
A little close to the water Lily!


Lots of em'





Lily is telling me a story about the geese!

She knew that she didn't want to give them a whole piece, so she would just rip the bread apart and lay it all in one spot. Then she would yell "Goose, mere," and point to her bread pile. She was so much fun to watch.




The playground was really close, so we went over there for a little bit. At this point, I am melting, but Lily could care less that it was over 100. She is definitely like a Widdowson when she gets hot. Her face was beat red!!! She loved the playground, but the slides were too hot and those are what she loves the most.


"hot, hot, hot"



Since it was so hot, we had to end our time in the sun. I hadn't taken Lily to the library yet and had heard that they had neat things for little kids. We spent some time there and then told all the big stuffed animals bye bye.



I need to get Lily one of these toddler computer programs. She loved it!

I don't know why I picked the hottest day of the summer to feed the geese and play, but we loved it anyway. Have I written yet that I love being home with Lily?!?


1 comment:

  1. Despite the heat, she did have a great time! We have not been out to feed geese in a long time with the kids if ever. I need to put that on my to do list this summer.

    I am glad you are enjoying your time together ;). I loved your comment that she thought my toes were pretty. Thank goodness it doesn't hurt all the time but it looks even worse.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...