Monday, June 2, 2014

My Birthday!

My birthday was on a Saturday this year, so I brought my birthday treats to school on Friday.  We had groovy peace day, so they wore their tie dye shirts (some did) and ate in the classroom with me.  With our health guidelines, I wanted to make sure I got them a healthy treat, but a fun one! 

They LOVED the watermelon!  A lot of them had never eaten it on the rind.


We had to get some selfies! :)  ha ha.  I love these kids!

That evening, our friends the Baasch's took us out to eat for my birthday.

Their kids are so good with our kids.

Saturday morning was my BIRTHDAY!  The big 32, whoop whoop.  Matt and the kids had my gifts waiting in the living room for me. They got me golf clubs!!!  I can't wait to use them. :)

Then we had to head to GI for the GIPS 5K!

Matt and the kids sat in the bleachers to watch.  All those people at the 50 yard line are the runners/walkers.  They had over 900 participants in the 5K and kids fun run.

This was my first lap.


My coworker, Joey, took this picture of me on the last bit of the race.



Done!!!  I beat my Doniphan time by 1 1/2 minutes.  I was definitely tired afterwards.  It was a fun time running with GIPS kids and teachers as well as families.

Then we washed the car, ate in town.  


Laurie invited Lily and I to go to the Barn Festival in Hastings.  We had a good time and got some neat things.  While we were gone, Matt got the camper ready because we were grilling at my parents' and then going camping.  

We tested out my clubs.....sad to say that my nephews are WAY better than Aunt Abby.  I really need to practice.

Lily got some lessons from them too.

The boys ended up going camping with us too.  We had a fun time.  Hudson was not breathing well.  He was very very wheezy and runny nose and watery eyes.  Sleeping was hard for him that night.

Needless to say, we took him to Urgent Care on Sunday morning.  They put him on allergy medicine and 2 breathing treatments a day.


That helped SOOOO much.  I take him to his regular doctor next week, but the PA says he has allergies and possibly asthma.  My poor little guy, but I am thankful there is something that will make him feel better.

I had a great birthday!





2 comments:

  1. What a cool idea to take watermelon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and healthy ;) Birthday treat!
    Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...