Monday, April 15, 2013

Easter day 2013

HE HAS RISEN...

HE HAS RISEN INDEED!


On Easter morning, Lily came into our room worried that the Easter bunny didn't bring her a basket.  We quickly got out of bed and helped her look for her basket.



*We forgot to clean off her face paint before bed.

Tricky Easter bunny.  HE put it behind the island.


She got purple Crocs.  "Hey, how did the Easter bunny know purple is my favorite color?"  She also got a Princess devotional bible to do with Mommy or Daddy, slap bracelets, candy, and coloring book.

Hudson woke up and started yelling "Ma, Ma."  



I put him down to find his basket.



Hudson's first Easter basket!  He got a book, Crocs, crackers, and Yogurt snacks.




He got a big ball to play with too!!!


We got Lily an American Girl outfit that matched the shirt I got her in Kansas City.  

Then, we all got ready for Easter church service in Gibbon.  Lily is such a helpful sister.  She was excited to get to feed Hudson his cereal while we finished getting ready.




Hudson so loves to be put into his carseat, so since I forgot to take a picture before Matt put him in there, we didn't dare take him out to be putting him back in 2 seconds later. ha ha!


All of the grandkids sat up by Grandma playing the piano at church.  The girls were moving a lot up there, so we will see if Grandma wants them back up there next time, :)


My beautiful family!!!!

We then went to the cemetery after church to visit Mullen.  It was beautiful out and such a tribute to our  young man.  When I receive the picture from Gigi, I will post a pic of the kids by his stone.  We miss you Mully!


:)  He is getting so big, but Lily will always try to hold him! :)


Delanie is so good with Hudson.  I wish she lived closer!  I see a great babysitter! :)

 Mom made a wonderful lunch.  My parents had also invited 4 other families, so we definitely had a full house.  The gentlemen did the dishes with our help as well.  It was a sight to see.  They did great until a glass was broken and Scott dropped the crock pot which shattered into many pieces.  I think it was his little scheme to get out of doing dishes ever again!  :)



Next was the annual egg hunt!






Uncle Matt is fun to have around! Playing catch. :)

Counting her money! Hudson didn't participate because he took a GREAT nap!



The kids and daddies all played a game of baseball.





Caden tried to stand in Uncle Matt's way, so he just carried him to home.  Not a bad idea!


My mom had bought a beautiful wreath at Hobby Lobby and wanted us to make some for ourselves.  With no directions, we started blind.  


 
I made this wreath that I am going to add red and a Husker N.  I think it will look great on our day for Game Days!


Since Laurie had broken her wrist, I helped her out with hers.  I hope you like it Laur.

We were able to enjoy our Sunday!  I was bummed I had school on Monday and couldn't just relax, but we had a great time anyway!


Grandma giving Hudson butterscotch pudding.  I think he likes it!


Guire and Hud man!  See him with the hammer........he has developed a love for hammers now!






What a great Easter weekend!  Everyone is TIRED!

WE are so blessed to have a wonderful God that would send his only son to die on the cross for our sins.  I love this time of year that everyone is reminded of how Wonderful we all have it!  God Bless you all!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh, you bought crocs. Once we started that's all he'll wear! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...