Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Eve

To get ready for the Christmas season, I made Lily an advent countdown like my mom used to do for us.  I only did 12 days until Christmas, but Lily absolutely loved it.  Here are a couple gifts she got.




I think Lily is going to be like me.  We both absolutely love getting ornaments to add to the tree.  Counting the one she is holding, we got around 6 new ornaments this year.  I always put the date on them and we love to talk about them the next year when we put up all the ornaments on the tree.  
CHRISTMAS EVE!!!!

 Presents were overflowing under our tree!  I love giving gifts.

We were the last of the family to arrive at Mom and Dad's for Christmas Eve.  (We had been there the day prior also, ha ha)  Dad took us girls on our annual shopping trip.  He should have never started this four years ago, ha ha!  We have expensive taste!  Each of us picked out a beautiful ring this year and I love mine!  Thanks Dad!  Mom took the boys on their first annual shopping trip and visit to a bar.  :)  I think this is a tradition that might stick.  

We enjoyed our time together and ate a delicious supper.  Then it was gift time!!!!  Kids are always first and we go in order.  It was fun to see them surrounded by presents on the floor.



 Mom made Delanie an apron.



 I love this picture.  They have all grown up so much.  I would have to stay they are a little spoiled!!! :)


 Caden got new cowboy boots and a cowboy shirt.  He loves dressing like the boys on the ranch!


 New basketball!


 Every kid with TONS of energy needs a pogo stick!!!!


 Grandma made Syd and Lily diaper bags.  They had bottles, diapers, and spoons in it.  This was a definite hit!!!  Grandma also made the three girls Hello Kitty pajamas with small pajamas for their baby dolls to match.  Lily loves hers!


 Ooooo La la!


 Uncle John and the ladies!


After the kids were done, the adults got to open gifts.  Lily and Syd wanted to sit with Grandma even though she still had a pile of gifts to open!  ha ha.  One of Dad's gifts for mom was that he paid off someone's Layaway at Shopko.  Isn't that generous?  It would be fun to see the family's face when they realize they only need to pay one penny for all their Christmas gifts!  Wow!

After the gifts, we played and got ready for church.  Can you believe I forgot my camera?!?  urgh!  The 6 kids sang "Happy Birthday Jesus" at church with the help of Gigi.  I took many picutres with her camera, so we still have their smiling faces.  They did a great job!  It was a beautiful Christmas Eve service with wonderful music.  I love going back to my old church.  There is a lot of great memories there.  After church we went to sing to Mully.  This has become a wonderful tradition with candles and singing under the stars to our precious Mullen John.  I love you Mully!  

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...