Monday, April 25, 2011

Early Easter with the Elsburys

Friday evening, the Elsbury's arrived from O'Neill. Lily was so excited to see them, she had been counting down her sleeps. We grilled out and had fun playing with them that evening.

In the morning, I put my breakfast casserole in the oven. My first attempt might I add. :) It was pretty good. Lily wanted to show them her Easter dress. She loves to twirl in it. She talked to Chantele and told her that we wished she was here.



I had boiled 3 dozen eggs for my class and Lily. I knew Lily would enjoy it, but man she re-dyed each egg about 3 times! :)



Aunt Emily giving Lily the scoop on dying eggs.


Lily dying eggs with Grandma and Grandpa.


The Doniphan Easter egg hunt was at 1:30! We were off to the baseball fields!



Rylen and Michala with the Easter bunny.


Lily did not want to get close to the Easter bunny. She managed to fake a smile next to the bunny, thanks to Daddy's help. :)


What fun kids!!! Lily and Rylen are excited to hunt for eggs!


Ready, Set, Go!!!


Look at all those eggs!! There weren't very many kids in the 0-3 group, so they got tons of eggs!


Lily in the sea of eggs. It was fun watching her run passed 10 of them and finally pick one up. I don't know if she had a method or not!


Michala helping Lily up after one of the many times she fell down. She has fallen down so much from when she started walking. She doesn't get hurt much, she just can't keep her balance! :)


Look at all these eggs, Rylen!!!!


Show off! :)


All of Lily's eggs. They were ALL EMPTY!!!! Can you believe it? If they had a number on it, then they would win. Out of all these eggs, she DID get one that had 6th on it. She got a bubble blower, perfect for our little girl!! She was thrilled!


After the Easter Egg hunt, we came back to our house for lunch. Matt had his pork loins on the grill and I had potatoes and beans on the stove (burners off!) ha ha. It was delicious and we love entertaining at our home. Matt's parents stayed a couple more hours and then they took off for home. We enjoyed our weekend with them. Thanks for coming!!!

I wanted to go to school and get work done, but that didn't happen. I worked on the computer and went to see what my family was doing. This is what I found...


What a comfortable nap! No room for mommy though! :)



Matt and Lily even had time to drive and mow the yard!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...