Saturday, January 26, 2013

What a week!

I am sure everyone has experienced a week like mine, but I am going to complain a little. :(  First, I had a meeting or something going on everyday after school this week except Friday.  Then I scheduled a meeting with a mom on Friday since one of my students was moving.  
Monday, Lily had her dance pictures.  So, I picked up the kids and took them back to school to get Lily all beautified in her dance costume. (Doniphan is too far away, so school it is!)  We made it there, and they were actually very quick taking their pictures.

Tuesday, we had a SIP meeting at school.

Wednesday, we woke up to a cold house.  Matt had someone come out that morning to look at it and sure enough our heater was broken!  I also had an IEP meeting after school and then when I picked up the kids, Heather said that there was a case of RSV at daycare.  Urgh.  I worried because Hudson had a cough and runny nose.  When we got home the house was cold and we started the space heaters.  Our heater wouldn't' get fixed until Thursday because he had to order a part.  Matt bought a SunHeat (not cheap!), so that our babies wouldn't be cold!  He says it will be good to have to lower our heating bill.  We will see, wink wink. :)

The heater kept the house pretty warm, we didn't even notice a difference.  Hudson still had his cough and runny nose :(

Thursday - I told Heather to keep us posted on how he was feeling.  We were both very worried about him getting RSV.  Sure enough, she got a hold of me and said he wasn't eating and he was a little more fussy.  I called the doctor and they could only get him in @2:30.  I had another important meeting with parents and other staff right after school.  This was not a meeting that I should miss.  So, thankfully Matt was able to take him.  He did test positive for RSV. :(  Matt went and got a breathing treatment.  I stayed at school to make sub plans for Friday.  I was bummed because that was the last day for one of my students.  I hate that I couldn't be there to make his day special.

This was his breathing treatment on Thursday night.  He wasn't a big fan of it.

Friday - Home with the kids.  I had to wake up Hudson at 2:00am to give him a breathing treatment and then again at 7:00am.  He is more calm with each one we have to do.  Poor baby.  I realized it is good to have Mickey Mouse or Curious George on TV to keep his attention.  I also sway and sing my usual 3 songs. :)





Friday he did really good.  Had we not taken him to the doctor, we probably would have handled this like a normal cold and then he probably would have gotten much much worse.  Dr. Steinke told Matt we caught it early (thank goodness).  So, we just had some fun around the house.  Lily and I made cookies, cleaned, did laundry, made supper.  I think a Friday off every now and then is good!  If you hear Hudson cough, you know we aren't done with this crud yet. :(  

While he was eating lunch, guess what I noticed!  Our little man is a vampire!  He is getting two teeth on top, but they aren't the two middle teeth.  They are either the ones right next to them or his eye teeth.  They look silly, ha ha!  So, now his runny nose a fussiness was probably a mixture of teeth and RSV.  

Saturday - Matt has to work :(  We are home again.  I don't want to take Hudson out at all, so it looks like another day to bum around the house.





1 comment:

  1. What a coincidence! I was just writing a post about my bad week too! Must've been something in the air! haha Hope next week is better!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...