Friday, July 6, 2012

Shafer Family Reunion


My grandma Betty was one of 13 kids from Homer and Bertha Shafer.  Since I was little I remember going to the Shafer family reunions.  There hasn't been one in a few years, so my mom decided to line up one this summer.  She had everyone out for July 3-4.  A lot of people came and it was a good time.




 


















It was Laurie's birthday, so we all sang to her!  Happy Birthday Laurie Lynn!I






I don't know how many people were there, but it was a good turn out.  Hudson was only one of 5 babies.  On the fourth, who ever wanted to, was in the Shafer family float for the parade.  I took Hudson in his stroller and walked behind the float with Virgie, Jeff, Marcy, and Vivienne.  It was hot!  Lily and her cousins go to ride in a fire truck.  I didn't get to see them, but they had a great time!!!  Believe it or not, I didn't take any pictures on the 4th!  urgh, I didn't get a picture of Lily in her "JULY" dress.  (thats what she calls it).  We did play the horse racing game and I won $37!  Woo hoo!  It was a tiring couple of days, mostly because it was soooo hot.  I wonder where the next reunion will be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...