Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Catch up on Elsbury happenings

February 14th - Happy Birthday Scott!!!!

Also, Matt had flowers delivered to me from work. That was so nice of him! I love my hubby more everyday since we got married (July 2, 2005). Lily and I both had our Valentine's Day parties. My gift to Matt was a Jeep magazine and steaks on the grill that night.

February 15th - Our neighbors, Josh and Holly, welcomed their baby girl. Skylar Mae was born!!! We went and visited them the day they got home from the hospital. She is adorable. We can't wait to watch her grow up. Morgan is going to be such a good big sister.

February 16th - Maverick turned 12 this day! Wow, I remember the day he was born! Matt is excited that he is old enough to get a hunter's license now!

February 19th - This day marks the 1st day to my workout routine. I didn't at that time that I would be making it a routine, but I am glad it has. I did the elliptical because I knew what was to come the next day!!!

February 20th - I was in a volleyball tournament at GISH with Shelli, Amy, Sherril, Angie, and another lady Shelli and Angie teach with. We were the very first game at 8:00. Yikes! We played 8 sets of volleyball total that day. Guess how we did!!!! Well, we only won 1 set. Maybe we will do better next time! :)

Lily and Matt hung out all day. I forgot to leave the carseat, so they were cooped up. When I got there, they left for Walmart. They came back with little plant boxes and seeds.


r
This is so good for her to watch!!!

February 24th - The arrival of my new work out DVD's: Hip Hop Abs and Zumba! I absolutely love them. I am happy to say on March 9th, I have worked out 15 out of the 19 days. I actually enjoy it and Lily goes to her room and comes back with her work out clothes on too!!! She does booty rolls and everything! :)

February 26th - We went to the horse races! I really like the races. Lily has developed a new love for horses. She enjoyed going to the window where you can see into the stables. She likes the "fwee" blue horse. We didn't win much, but we did have fun. We didn't stay for the whole thing because we HAD to go shopping for my new shoes. For some reason, Matt loves shopping for me. I got new black and pink shoes and some work out clothes. I really have to stick to it now!!!!! :)

The next full week, Heather went to Mexico. So, Lily got to stay with Chris Starostka for the whole week! By the end of the week, Lily acted like she was at home. :) I am so thankful for Chris helping us out like that!

I am also happy to say that I have visited 19 out of 20 of my students' houses. This has been a very enjoyable and educational experience. I feel like I have gotten to know them a little better and that was my goal. It has been fun to say something I learned about them during class to get that extra connection with them. The last student I have was new after Christmas. Her familly doesn't have their own home yet, so I am giving them time and if they still want me to come, I am more than willing.

Will I do this next year???? Probably! :)

I am sorry I had such a dry spell with blogging. With school, my masters, Lily, Matt, working out, and just enjoying each other, I didn't make time for blogging. I hope to do better this month.

A few of my friends now blog, so it is fun to follow everyone's blog. Also, Lily loves looking back at old pictures. I think it helps her recall things and can make connections. Aww, maybe thats the teacher in me!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...