Saturday, August 8, 2009

Bathroom Remodel

Remodeling the bathroom was a big job, but well worth it. It is looking great. It is not completely finished, but it is operable now. :)

I should have taken a prior picture with the brown paper on the walls, but I wasn't thinking we would have such a transformation. The year we moved in I had put brown, crinkled, packaging paper on the walls with polyurethane. The floor was linoleum that had been there when we moved in. Nothing great.



At this point, I had started taking off the paper (it took forever). Matt laid the cement board, then the tile on the floor.



So, I had the paper taken off and spackled all the spots on the walls. (Notice the window and the white shower walls.) I am now ready to paint.



I painted the ceiling first, then primer on the walls (looked blue) then the final paint.



Wow! Paint, done. Ripped out shower walls and cut out dry wall, done. Took out window and replaced it with glass blocks, done. Fill in outside with siding, done. Matt did all that by himself!



Toilet is gone and shower head.



Matt tiled the shower. Awesome!



The tape is holding up the tricky tiles that hang upside down.



Matt grouted the whole bathroom and then I helped him clean it off. I then attempted to seal it. I hope I did it right!



New toilet, shower head and faucet, curtain, rug.



Vwa La



Handy and sturdy shelf



We put in a new light fixture. We will be getting a new countertop also.

All we have left is the countertop, hardware on drawers and cupboards, fan, new sink and faucet, and trim.

Now we can attempt potty training Lily a little better with out having to run downstairs.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...