Friday, June 17, 2016

3 Snow Days!!!! (February 2,3,4)

In February, central Nebraska (actually the majority of NE) got tons of snow.  It turned out that we received 3 snow days!!  What?!?  We couldn't play in the snow right away because it was blizzard conditions and so cold no matter how much you bundled  up.

We made snow ice-cream!






We got dressed up to go out.  It didn't last long at all.  No matter which way we turned, the wind took our breath away.



Lily attempted it!

We made Gak!



On the 2nd snow day, the kids played outside for quite awhile.  It was done snowing, but there was just sooooo much snow.  The plows could not keep up.



Oasis' house is covered.



They had a lot of fun with the drifts.  They dug tunnels and sled down them.

I am looking out our kitchen window at Lily.  This drift was massive.


This drift was at the end of the culdesac.  I don't know why Hud has a hammer.  Silly kid.



Our neighbor hood.


Another reason to get the 4wheeler out.



Our basement window.

We were getting cabin fever, so Matt took us on a drive.

This is the drift outside my window on a country road.


We went to GI mostly out of curiosity.  The streets were a mess.  Our 4 wheel drive was amazing, but everyone was not that fortunate.  Matt helped out a couple that was just getting milk at the gas station.  

Our 3rd snow day!  I was a bit shocked we had another day off, but the roads were still pretty awful to get everyone to school safely.  I decided to head out in it and take the kids to the dentist. :)

We had a sticker chart going to help motivate Hudson to get ready in the morning more independently. 
Clothes, brush teeth, no whining, shoes

He did well.  No cavitiies

She also did well.  No cavities.


Then it was my turn.  I always have issues when I go to the dentist. ha ha!

Although I enjoyed the 3 days home with my kiddos, it was a little long to be cooped up.  At GIPS, we had to make up 2 of those days around Easter.  :(

As I am posting this, the temperature is 70 degrees at 8:00am with the forecast saying high 90s today.    Crazy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...