Monday, September 16, 2013

Our school year in progress...

Alright, I think I am finally getting into a routine with kids and work.  Every morning, Matt gets the kids up and starts dressing them and gets breakfast for Lily.  Then they all bombard me in the bathroom to brush teeth and do hair.  We try to leave at 7:00am and we go to Little Miracles first.  Lily is going there before and after school.  Then Hudson and I get our alone time on the way to Heather's.  He is so talkative.  He likes to tell random things "No" outside the window.  :)  

I drop him off and get to school by 7:30am.  Finally my 9th year of teaching, I feel like I am in a good rhythm.  I have not had to go up on the weekend yet.  I stay later on some  nights to get things done, but I am getting better at using my time wisely.  About time, right?!?  I try to pick Hudson up by 4:30 (later some days) and then we go get Lily.  We usually have an hour or a little more until Matt gets home.  Then they like to snack......

Hudson eating his grapes.  He loves this rocking chair.

Have you seen the commercials when there are a group of men and one of the men is behaving like a diva/drama queen??  He stops being a drama queen when he gets a SNICKERS.  Hudson is a drama queen until he gets his milk.  So, some days our evenings are full of whining until Mommy gives in. 

Lily is enjoying reading and writing...so Hudson is following suit.  (and Daddy's reading habits.)



Lily is learning sight words, so I had her write some sentences.  I helped her with one and she went from there.  Of course she then had to decorate the whole paper.  ha ha!


Time for bed around 8:30pm.  Then we do it all over again!


Some mornings we get smiles....but he DOES have his milk.  ha ha!

Off to Kindergarten and Heather's.

I hope you enjoyed a day in the life of the Elsbury's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...