Sunday, March 11, 2012

Highlights of my Spring Break 2012

I am so fortunate to get a whole week off from work.  I started with a rather large To Do list and thankfully I got a lot done!!  I didn't go anywhere exciting like 'Mexico!' (wink wink Megan), but it was a productive week with some great family time!

My Spring Break started on Monday the 5th.  Lily and I went to Omaha to see my friend Shannon and her baby, Gavin.
 
He was such a good baby and I even got to put him to sleep.  I am ready to snuggle my own baby and Lily loved making him smile.  

Later we met Virgie at Babies R Us and bought some good stuff!  Then, we met Shannon, Gavin, and Hayley at Cheesecake Factory.  I miss those girls!

We stayed the night at Gigi's.

On Tuesday, Lily and I found a dresser for the baby's room at The Furniture Mart.  It wouldn't fit in the car, so we didn't get to bring it home yet, bummer.

We bought bedding for a boy and girl.  I also found outfits for both.  

Wednesday was work day for me.  Lily watched the Lorax with her friends and I worked at the school.  I got a lot done, but I know there is more to do.  I have some good 'skeleton' plans until the end of the year!

Thursday ended up being a really good day.  Matt took the day off to be with me for my Doctor's appointment at the neurologist.  She confirmed that I probably had a migraine and that it was stress, sleep, and pregnancy related.  There is no saying it won't happen again, but since the MRI showed that there was no permanent damage, then I am in the clear.  It was a relief to hear that it wasn't something bigger.  Matt and I ate lunch and then looked at furniture for the upstairs.  We found a set!!!

We picked up Lily and went home to wait for the furniture to be delivered.  Thursday was my 32 weeks!  Lily talks about the baby all the time and gives it so many kisses. :)

We have now been using the basement because the TV and sound is hooked up and now we have our big sectional couch down there.  Our couch and love seat upstairs make our living room look so big.  It will take some getting used to, but I like it!

Friday marked the day of waiting.  The cable guy was to come between 8-12, but didn't come until 2:00.  Why does that always happen???  Well, it was a blessing in disguise because if forced me to buckle down and finish my Masters research paper.  I sent off the final section and hopefully I will get to present soon.  I am ready for it to be done!

This is how I found Lily watching T.V.  ha ha!  

Saturday, Lily and I hung out at home and then went to a movie in Kearney with Grandpa.  We saw Big Miracle.  It was pretty good.  Matt went to Chris and Tara's to help Chris frame his basement.  When he got home we did some much needed grocery shopping.  Call me crazy, but I enjoy shopping as a family.  Walmart is crazy, but we have fun!

We made some yummy homemade pizza!

Sunday Lily got to cut the first chain off of our blue and pink countdown.  53 more days until our son/daughter brother/sister is here.  I would be thrilled with earlier, but I am not going to hold my breath.  Lily wanted to put the chain the baby's room.  It looks soooooo long, but I am sure it will go fast!  :)
 

Notice the baby clothing.  I couldn't help it, I had to get some outfits for both! :)

Sunday afternoon we went to Chances R in York for lunch with the whole Widdowson family.  It was nice to see everyone and fun to see the kids interact.  It was wonderful to see Jeni and her family during this tough time.  Nothing is better than being around those that love you!  My prayers are with the Holmes family.


I can't believe my Spring Break is over already.  It always makes me sad on Sunday night because I had such a good time spending quality time with Matt and Lily.  It really hit me that I will be a busy mommy soon and I need to enjoy this time with Lily.  

I am going to be a Mommy of TWO!!!  Yay!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...