Sunday, January 24, 2010

Journal of my week

Well, I feel like the week went by so fast. I didn't have time to blog until now. I have recently started a bible study with some friends on Thursday, so that is something new that I am enjoying. My school had library night one night and then Matt and I also went to a Ducks Unlimited sponsors banquet this week while my mom watched Lily. We are blessed to have her so close and willing to watch her. Lily was excited. She has Grandma wrapped around her finger, because she was still up sitting on the couch when I got home around 9:30. Stinker!

On Saturday, I had my first day of my new Masters Program at Midland Lutheran College in Fremont. Eliza works there and had told me about this new program they were starting. It is geared towards teachers that want to be leaders, but are not ready to leave their classroom to become a principal. This is an 18 month program and mostly online. I will have to go to Fremont about every 8 weeks for a Saturday class. I think I can handle it! So, I will be on my computer more now. (Matt might tell you that is impossible for me to be on my computer more than I am now.)

We have our new countertop and sink in our bathroom now. It looks great. Matt is also having to do some drywall work and painting around the countertop. Our goal is to sell this house soon. We are going to put a For Sale sign in our yard this week. I bet it will then sell like hotcakes!!! Don't you think? A house just sold down the street, so we are thinking it might be a good time. Who knows! We have our eyes on a house in Doniphan. So, we are getting excited to the thought of moving to a small town. It is kinda stressful thinking about it also. My parents and sister's family are both moving to new houses, so we thought we would too. No, it is just too good to pass up right now. Any buyers out there?!?

As far as work goes, we both made it through. The first graders are doing great. I am having a lot of fun this year. My kids have words of the week next week, so I will be glad when that is done. Lily has not mastered potty training yet, but its looking better. Heather might say differently. Lily is not as good with the other kids. She gets preoccupied with them and doesn't go. So, we will see.

I hope I have time to blog more often. Have a good week!

Abby

1 comment:

  1. I bet you are very excited about moving. I have some friends from high school who just recently moved to Doniphan. They have two young kids and are really enjoying the town. Hope your house sells quickly for you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...