Saturday, January 16, 2010

Back to the grind stone

After Christmas break the temperature dropped to new records. GIPS had school for teachers on Mon, Tues, and then Wed. for kids. We got 'cold' days on Thursday and Friday. After having Christmas break, I was ready to be back at school. Although it is very nice to sleep in and wear pajamas all day, I was ready to get back into a routine. On Friday, a couple teachers came over to play a few game. Lily and I wanted to add a little fun to our 'cold' day. That was the first time I remember playing Scrabble. I got hooked. I made Matt play me that evening and then again. ha ha! My mom visited us and we even made her play. I did a little more work on Lily's dollhouse, but it still isn't finished. Most of the shingles are on, but it is playable.


Her dolls and furniture came in the mail and she enjoys playing with them. Its cute to watch her use her imagination.


The dollhouse is about as big as her! Once again, she loves to wear mommy's boots.

On Sunday, my parents came to town and took us out for lunch. Then, we had another match of Scrabble before they left. Dad was not amused. :) As Sunday was coming to an end, I kept thinking about my long week ahead of me. I hadn't worked 5 days straight since before Christmas. Yikes!

The kids were really good. I started dragging around Wednesday. Lily was definitely in a "two year old" mood towards the end of the week. Matt was used to working, so he was fine. We are still trying to potty train Lily and it has its ups and downs. For some reason, she does not like sitting on the potty if it is our idea. Any ideas???

We are proud parents though! She is talking up a storm and has a wonderful memory. She amazes us every day. I thank God for our precious little girl. I couldn't imagine life with out her. Mommyhood is priceless.

So, the week dragged on, but I finally made it through it. I ended the school week with a snow party with my 1st graders and another 1st grade class. They had a great time. It is amazing that a lot of them didn't know how to make a snowman. I couldn't remember the last time I made a snow angel, so I asked them to make angels with me!


So cute!!!


So, here we are: Lily and I in our pajamas watching cartoons. Daddy is doing a little work and then working on the jeep. He is determined to get it ready for the river a little earlier this year. :)

Ta Ta!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love that last picture! Alyssa is looking at this with me and said "oh she is a cute little girl!" She loves the doll house too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...