Wednesday, November 4, 2015

State Fair 5K

The week before the race, Erin asked me if I was running in the State Fair 5K.  I contemplated it but never did sign up.  After thinking about it and knowing I would have someone to run with, I signed up!  I have not ran with anyone before, and we both admitted that we might not stay with each other.  ha ha 

As we ran, it felt good.  Our first mile was my fastest time.  Whoop whoop.  A little after mile 2, Erin and I split up.  I was feeling good, but I didn't have a huge kick at the end.  There was a girl I was eyeing and really wanted to beat her.  :(

After the race! :)  It was soo foggy.  I hope we can run together again sometime.  Our hubbies didn't go watch us (they were with the kids), so we sent them our results!

'

The first male marathon finisher!


We went to Ruffs for a celebratory drink.  The door was open, but they weren't really open.  The lady let us have one a few minutes early.  ha ha!  Erin was pretty sure we would get a medal, so we went back for the award ceremony.

2nd place in women's 30-34 5K.  I'm glad I have one more year in this age group. :)

Erin, 3rd in 35-39.  Great job Erin!

Running buddies!

I was close to my PR, but I really do feel like I know my speed now.  I think I'm hooked! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...