Tuesday, February 17, 2015

TWO snow days!

On Monday, we had a great day!  We relaxed and we got a lot done....my kinda day! :)


I wish I could bottle up how much I enjoy snuggling with my kids in the morning, watching cartoons, and drinking coffee.  Then I could always have it with me! :)

Lily got a seeing kit for Christmas, so I taught her how to sew.


She is a fast learner!  She made a little pocket that she now keeps her tablet in. :)

Hudson played a lot with his magnetiles.


I worked out!  Whenever I workout, whether it is in the basement or living room, they follow me.  So, they made me food while I worked out. :)

The wind was more impressive than the amount of snow.  This was the neat drift by our kitchen window.  On Monday, the kids and I didn't make it out into the snow. :(

Awhile ago, I painted the playroom white with primer and Matt had painted the ceiling.  So, this is the before picture.


These are the end walls.  I did two coats, but I might need to touch one up.  I ran out of paint, urgh!
I can't wait until this room is done.

On Tuesday we had school and it ended up being a beautiful day.  In fact, everything melted and the sun was out!  Lily's school got cancelled at 4:00pm.  What?!?  I couldn't believe it, I thought they were nuts for calling off school when it was so nice out.  Well, I get a call early in the morning that we were closed as well.  2nd snow day!  Crazy!

The large flakes coming down outside my window.


I was actually up before the kids.  :)  I watched Good Morning America in my bed with coffee.  Awww, I love that!  It reminded me of some of my summer mornings, but then I looked out the window. :(  ha ha

He found me!!!  He is so sweet in the mornings!  He loved these two days home with Lily and I.

He loves a game on the iPad.  He is doing well on it and will say "I'm going to preschool Mommy!"

There were a few times, Lily would complain that there was nothing to do.  Geez, she has tons of toys and gobs of things to do.  I suggested a fort....good idea!




It didn't last long because Hud would knock something down and she would get so upset over it.  Goodness, it is hard to have a perfectionist and a 2 year old.  ha ha!

Finally we got bundled up to go outside!






She started a tunnel.



Can she get through it?


I went inside with Hudson and Lily stayed outside.  She ended up calling to me saying she can fit through her tunnel.  These pics are from the kitchen window through the screen.


She made it!!!

Later we made snow ice-cream.  I had never made it, so we followed the steps I found online. :)



Mixed sugar, milk, and vanilla.

We LOVED it!!!!!

We saved it for Daddy to have too. :)

The kids went out again!  I couldn't keep them inside. 


Oasis loved all the attention.

"Mom, I can almost climb over our fence!"

Hud came in later because his hands were cold.  I was working out and he just played.  Lily and Oasis were chasing each other in the snow.  It was cute to watch.




We had another wonderful snow day!  I got caught up on some blogging, the laundry, worked out, and played with the kids.  I think we need these days once a month. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...