Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Hospital field trip


My first grade teammates and I created a new Social Studies unit on "Community."  Some of our focus was on Goods and Services.  We had someone come from HyVee to talk with our students about Goods.  The next week, we lined up a field trip to the Hospital for them to show us some services they offer.  Since our school is close enough, we were able to walk.  It was a beautiful day!  I am so fortunate to be on a great team.  Planning can be hard, but it was worth it.  Take a look at our fun field trip!

Just missing one student :(

First we went to Radiology.  She taught them how they give x-rays and showed us a few x-rays.


Next, we went to the room where they keep the practice mannequins.  



The kids liked feeling him and seeing how he can breathe and even talk.

We then toured the boiler room and saw the huge generator.



Laundry room.

Last was the best part!  We got to see the Helicopter pad. :)

We get to the top in the elevator and see these glass doors.  I was so excited for them to see it.  I thought we were just looking out the window and then he opened the door.

YIKES!!!
The kids just followed him....I had a brief panic attack.


We could see our classroom door!!!!

Look at us!!
I thought this was amazing!!!




Isn't it crazy that there is no rail??


What a great way to wrap up our community unit by seeing the whole community?!?



2 comments:

  1. I too would have had a panic attack! So cool though, something they will always remember!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...