Saturday, November 19, 2011

Matt's 30th birthday party!

My hubby is officially 30!!!  I love being the young one!  :)  I threw a party for him on Saturday, November 5th for the Husker game.  We had a great time.  Before the party, Matt opened his gifts from me.




First clue:  A car



Second clue:  Oklahoma!

Third clue:  gun

 


Fourth clue:  boar  (I think he knows what his gift is!)
The last present had an envelope in it with the specifics of his gift. 



He will be driving (car) to Oklahoma (Oklahoma pic) with Dave and Dick to hunt (gun) for wild hog (boar).  

I can't believe I kept this gift a secret.  I don't know anything about hog hunting, so I was worried that I would be setting him up for a dud hunt, so we will see!  :)  I am sure they will have a good time, those 3 guys always do together.

The Nebraska vs. Northwestern game was at 2:30, so we had everyone meet us at Katy's bar in Doniphan.  Hosting parties is fun, but for some reason I get stressed out.  I think it went well and so many of Matt's friends came.  I am so thankful for everyone that helped make his 30th birthday special! 

Hyvee's attempt to a hunting camo cake.  Yummy!

 Even 30 year olds get to blow out candles!!! :)

The next many photos are of our great family and friends!




Eliza and Virgie watching the Huskers play terrible against Northwestern.  That was the only downer of Matt's party.  I wish they played better.


Matt, Josh, Steph, and Gordon


Lovely ladies I work with.


Scott and Eliza


Matt visiting with his parents and Tara and Chris.


Hayley, Asia, and Shelley

 Birthday boy is having fun!  Dick, Matt, John, and Josh


 Hey, I didn't know Zach works at Katy's!  ha ha!


 Shots!  


 Scott and Dad discussing the terrible Husker game.  Sorry Scott, I had to post it!  ha ha!


 Matt finished his night playing shuffle board.  This preggo mommy was tired, so I went home and let his friends take care of him!  :)  He had a great night!


Some other people had a long night too!!!!
On his actual birthday, we ate breakfast at Perkins with Tara and Chris.  Then we drove out to his deer stand.  It was a nice afternoon.  Later we grilled burgers for Chris's parents.  After everyone left, we all had a much needed nap.  

What a fun weekend!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...