Sunday, October 30, 2011

Our Elsbury clan is growing!!!!!

For those of you that know us well, we have been praying for a baby for a long time.  God has now blessed us with a baby!!!  I am now 13 weeks 3 days.  Baby #2 is due on May 3rd!  Perfect time for a teacher, huh?! :)  I have been a nervous wreck for the first 12 weeks.  It was so hard losing a baby, that I couldn't bare the thought of it happening again.  My doctor kept a close eye on me the first few weeks of our pregnancy.  That is why we had an ultrasound at 6 weeks (Sept 8th) and 8 weeks (Sept 22nd).  Everything looked great at both and were told not to worry.  My doctor had told me that my Thyroid was the reason we lost the other baby, so I have been getting that tested every 4 weeks.  I have had to increase my dosage every time.  I am so glad she knows what we need to do to make sure this baby is healthy.



 

Baby Elsbury at 6 weeks!  Doesn't he/she look cute?!?  


Baby Elsbury at 8 weeks!  Starting to look a little bigger.  I can't wait to see him/her at our next ultrasound around 20 weeks.
On October 20th, we told Lily the great news!!!!!  We used the pumpkins on our front step to explain it to her.  We had a "Daddy, Mommy, and Lily" pumpkin already on the step, so I told her to get the little pumpkin to add to the bottom of the steps.  She knew it was for a baby, but it took some explaining that it was for a baby in Mommy's tummy.  She has been praying for a baby and has been asking to be a big sister, so we knew this was going to be exciting for her!!!



She is giving the baby pumpkin a kiss!

We had her wear her "Big Sis" shirt to Heather's on Friday.  Heather saw it right away and was very excited!!!  

I feel so blessed to have this opportunity to be a mom to another baby!  

God has definitely answered our prayers.


2 comments:

  1. The power of prayer is amazing! I am so glad God blessed you and your family with another baby. Can't wait until May!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful blessing! Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...