Saturday, October 29, 2016

~ Maternity Leave ~

My maternity leave was from July 26th- October 2nd.  I enjoyed every little second immensely!  Now that I am back at work, I can look back and I truly believe it was an unforgettable 10 weeks as a mommy of 3.  The school year started for GIPS on August 15.  I went into work on August 17 (work day and open house) and August 18-19 (first 2 days of school).  It wasn't too bad since I knew it was for the students to know me and look forward to my return and I was going to have 6 more weeks at home.  :)

These are the top things I enjoyed and miss from my maternity leave.

I absolutely loved snuggling with Beckett.  Aww, just typing this I crave that time again.

Spontaneous walks

I loved watching my 3 kids interact and bond




I loved getting pampered when I wanted.  That is with a sidekick.  :)


I got to watch, I mean stare at this cute face!
When I was home, I got to help Beckett develop some good sleeping habits.  So peaceful in his crib.


Being home gave me one on one time with Hudson.  We worked on his name, ABCs, counting.  So proud of his growth.





I didn't do many crafts, but this was one of them.  It's not hung up because I don't love it,  :(

We got a subscription to ABC mouse.com.  He loves it because he feels like a big kid.

Although I was on maternity leave, I did go into the school a few times....okay, often.  Beckett had the opportunity to spend some wonderful moments at school.  ha ha

I am so thankful to Laura for the hard work she did with my class!

My little organizer.  She loved being able to go into school with me.  We even left a note for each kid.  :)

I absolutely LOVED these moments!

He is such a good sleeper.

I was able to attend the Barn Festival on a Friday afternoon.  It was packed!  I got one of these pumpkins, a scarf, hat, ladder, and Family letters.  

I got to help Hud ride his bike with out training wheels!

We loved being home when Lily came home from school!  :)

Awww, the feeling of nothing to rush off to.  Watching Beckett, morning sun coming in, drinking a coffee, and watching Good Morning America.  Awww

I started writing a TO DO list for the week.  I really like to cross things off, so I literally have 
make bed, drink water (I would forget this otherwise), pump, exercise, laundry.  :) 
Big Things that I was able to get accomplished:
Coat closet
Linen closet
maternity clothes out of my closet
new way of storing my tank tops
under my sink and drawers in bathroom (urg!)
Beckett's clothes organized
Keep my blog up to date
Thank yous
Pantry
Wash and give baby girl clothes to a family in need
Attended Maguire's games.
Dream board for Beckett
Family photos on walls
Hudson's 3rd book (on my list for a long time!)


I will miss having the time to get these types of things done.


Some cute moments that I was able to catch.





Actually having time to work out in the morning, middle of the day, or even at night.  

Flowers from my sweet friends Hayley and Asia.  One of my students, Memphis also brought me flowers on my first day back.

I think I should take Maternity Leave every year even if I don't have a new baby.  Like, oh my kid just turned 1, 5, and 9, I need some time off.  :)  That isn't too much to ask, is it!?

I don't have pictures of Matt and I, but we were able to go on a date and I wish we did more.  As our lives get busy, it seems like our time together is kid centered.  As we get into a better routine, I hope we can have times with just the two of us.  :)

I wish I could bottle up all the sweet moments I had and how relaxed I felt.  I am thankful that I got this time and that Beckett is a good baby.  I think my time would have been different had he been more high maintenance.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...