Sunday, August 16, 2015

Florida Trip **10th Anniversary**



FLORIDA was A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!
It has taken me absolutely forever to blog about this trip, but it HAD to be done.  I am going to look at these pics often to imagine I am there with my sweetheart listening to the ocean.  

July 2nd was our 10th Anniversary.  We had been thinking about going on a trip, for sure, but just didn't know where.  Matt is the one that lined everything up. :)  We flew out of Omaha on July 6th and stayed until the 11th.  


The Boca Raton Resort has two properties: Ocean side and marina.  We were at the Beach Club on the oceanside.  

We paid for a driver to take us to the resort and this driver made me a little car sick. :(  Well, I tried to enjoy the scenery. :)  We had to wait for the bridge to go back down.  Such a crazy thing that Nebraskans do not have to worry about.  ha ha






We had a handicapped accessible room on the corner looking out to the ocean.  I loved opening the door and feeling the warm air and hearing the waves.

I got ready for the beach instantly....Matt had to finish some work.

This is where we ate lunch.  Nice scenery.


Relaxing!!!

Good thing we have a lifeguard.  :)  Actually each day the flags were up for dangerous sea life.  In other words a shark was spotted.


Our first morning we went to the weight room and ran and lifted.  


The view was of the swimming pool.


After working out we ate an amazing breakfast.  The fresh fruit just melted in your mouth.  Yum!



I spotted a few lizards.  I think I would be scared of them if they were in Nebraska.

We took the trolley to the other property: Boca Raton Resort.  It was a pink building with more restaurants and yachts.



Nothing like 3 covered levels.  I would have loved to see inside.

The plants in the gardens were beautiful.

By the Giant Kapok tree.

These were all over the beach.  The marine biologists put them around sea turtle nests.  I really wanted to watch them hatch, but I wasn't so lucky.  By the last day we left, there were many nests.

We ate sushi there and then headed back to our hotel to relax on the beach.


This is a video of Matt jumping the waves.  You can't see the video..sorry.
We both loved swimming in the ocean.  To be honest, I was a little worried about getting bit by a shark, so I couldn't completely relax in the ocean.  It was nice to cool off. ;)


Love him.  We need this time together more often!

The water was so warm.  Don't mind my farmer's tan.


More turtle nests.

We also relaxed by the pool.  We were some of the few because it was  during the week.  Once it was Thursday, more and more people came.

We went into the town of Boca Raton that night and found a couple neat bars.  Then we walked back...kinda scary because of the lack of street lights, but we were good.


We worked out again in the morning. Then this was our breakfast view.

They had three pools.  To the left is Adult, this one is family, then there is another one to the right and that is for families with young children.  Isn't that amazing.  Just looking at this picture makes me hear the ocean and want to go back NOW!

Taking the trolley to the mall.

This mall was pretty upscale with valet parking.  Some stores were reasonable but most of them were way too expensive for us.  

Such a neat place.  They had a store with cooking classes, I think that would be fun!


We got some neat drinks while we were shopping.  I have not been a fan of the normal Moscow Mule, but these other Mules are good!

This is the lobby area of our hotel at night.  So pretty!

Dinner out on the deck.

Silly selfie...Matt and I had so much fun just being together.  And, of course being silly. :)  That night we went down to the ocean.  I secretly wanted to watch the turtles hatch, but no such luck and it was so dark, I wouldn't have seen them.  The sound of the ocean was soo peaceful.  The tide was actually higher at night.

Got proof that I was actually working out and didn't just sneak into the weight room to snap a pic. 


A look at our hotel from the beach.

A waiter was walking the beach on Friday and we totally took advantage of being able to have drinks and snacks.  This guac was amazing!



What a neat cloud.

Tried a panorama

We do love each other!


A yacht we spotted going by our beach.  I zoomed in a lot, so it was probably a few miles out there.  What a life?!?

On the busier days, they offer the boat trolley to go from property to property.  We took it to the Resort that afternoon.

That bridge was the one we had to wait for the day we arrived.


There were some really nice real estate there.



The pink buildings....we're there!  The trip in the boat is actually much faster than the van.


We went to hang out at the other resort for a little bit.  We ate lunch by the pool.

The wave rider looked like tons of fun.  I'm sure Lily would have enjoyed it.

When we got back to our room that afternoon, this got delivered.  

The card was signed by the concierge and staff.  So nice!!

We called Lily so I could show her the ocean!  :)  The kids had stayed with Matt's parents for 3 days and my parents for 3 days.  :)  Thank you!!!

Matt is soaking in the pool :)  I got to finish my book.

That evening we made reservations at The Blue.  It is the restaurant on the top floor of the tallest pink building.  27 floors up!



What a pair we are.  Matt I love you more and more everyday!  Thank you for an amazing vacation.

Waiting for our ride.

Awwww, this was on our table at The Blue.  The card was signed by the staff and we definitely think they gave us one of the best seats. :)

Our little round spot with a pillow and a beautiful view of the ocean and bay.

Wow!!!!  We both sat there just staring out the window.  The ocean went on forever and the boats just anchored down.  Many people were jumping off their boats and swimming. 

Look at those Houses!!!




YUM!!!!!

They surprised us again!
How special is this?  Delicious too!

Before we left, we walked around to see some of the other views.



Elevator fun.  We were so happy with our experience at The Blue.  They definitely knew how to make our Anniversary a night to remember.


A look up to where we were.  Wow!  Impressive.

Trying to get a pic with out falling in.


Champagne and listening to the waves.

This picture is of my view every morning.  I had to try to capture it, but there is no way I could capture the true beauty of it.  We of course slept in every morning (no kids), and it was always light out and the ocean is a nice hum to relax you.  Another pic that makes me want to go back!

This is our boardwalk to the ocean.

Spotted another lizard.  The biggest one I have seen.  Ick

This was the day we were leaving, so I wanted to capture some of the scenery before we left.


Love!



Our walk down from the lobby to the swimming pools and beach.


Happy Anniversary Matthew! 

We had a wonderful time and would definitely go back!  So relaxing, fun, and beautiful.  Back to the real world.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...