Friday, June 14, 2013

Road Construction

We have known for a long time that the roads in our neighborhood were going to be torn up to fix the compaction.  We (and the rest of our neighbors) were truly dreading it.  

Take a look at our beautiful culdesac on June 5th.




They started at the end of the culdesac on June 6th and headed our way.  They removed all of the concrete first.



When I got home on Thursday, we had a great sandbox in front of our house! :)










Then they started digging down to the water line (5 ft.)

At certain times in the day, I couldn't find Lily.  She enjoyed watching them work!  I took this picture from her window.





Then they had to dig down to the sewer line (15 ft.)



We liked to sit on the porch, eat snacks, and watch the progress.

Digging down to the sewer line in front of our house.




They filled the hole and compacted the dirt and this is what it looks like Friday (14th) afternoon.  I think they went pretty fast!  (A lot faster than my car.....I still don't have it!)  They will be framing and then pouring concrete next week.

Don't get too excited, because soon they will be tearing up the road that goes East/West.  As I am getting pretty used to parking on the street, its only been a week and I have had a rental car.  I am not looking forward to this the whole summer.  :(


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...